Packed and Ready to GO!!!!!

It's ZERO degrees outside, however my mind is far from the cold temperature. Tomorrow I am heading down the highway.....for a total of thirty minutes..... to our yearly NEORQC Quilt Getaway. 

My friends and I have been attending this event for approximately twenty or so years. It gives us a chance to see other quilters that come from all over NE Ohio and a chance to spend time together doing what we love to do. We usually sign up for Studio, a class where there is no class! We do take time to peak in at the classes and see what beautiful work they are doing.

We have taken classes and have created quilts and learned techniques, however now we focus in on what technique we favor and just do our own thing! With snacks and refreshments packed, I am finalizing what supplies I must have for my projects.


 I have fabric cut into 12" squares to stack and cut because I'm making a twin size quilt for my seven year old granddaughter. Which rulers, cutters, threads do I need? What do you think of the fabric? I hope to get that all sewn by Sunday!


I also have the Coral Reef Quilt blocks to finish. Here's a sneak peak at the blocks as they are today. I hope to have the embellishment done and blocks sewn together by Sunday afternoon too. Then I will write up the pattern. Are there any snorkelers or Grandmas out there that want to create this for a special grand child? (Give me a few weeks, then look at my website for the pattern.)


We bring projects to sew on our machines in the classroom and then continue into the evening hand stitching somewhere else while we relax. Planning our next opportunity to head to a quilt show or weekend away is usually on the list of discussion topics. 

If you are lucky enough to have friends that are also quilters, you are very lucky! Sharing  this passion with ladies that you are close with provides so many positives. Good friends is the main one. Having constructive commentary is another that helps us see all our options and grow as artists (quilters). Sew, if you are not part of a quilt group and love to quilt, ask at your local quilt shop if they know of any guilds. It will be worth your while!

Check back next week and I hope to post the quilt top and Coral Reef ready for quilting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Love with Shibori

THE Quilt Show! Inspiration Overload!

You Can Do It! Use Your Photographs for Designing a Quilt