Dreaming of New Ideas!

Isn't it a great morning when you wake up and the question you went to sleep thinking about resolves itself? All yesterday afternoon I thought about what theme would I want for my new pattern designs. I came up with two which I am now researching. Wouldn't it be great if we could solve all life's problems so easily...... 


I have been working on an Embroidery Stitch Sampler for an Embroidery Club at The Quilted Thimble in Chesterland. Here's a peek at one of the small blocks. This block includes the Chain, Pistil, Backstitch and in the center is the Van Dyke stitch. I'm using Valdani Threads on felted wool.  


Check out the new stitch instructions on my website. www.felicequiltdesigns.com
September's stitch is the FLY STITCH.

The flowers are fading quickly and I need to get more photos taken before the leaves start to change. Each year I document the perennial flower bed and this year I have some new additions I need to photograph. It's helpful seeing the photos as plants appear in the spring you can remember the size they will be in the summer.


Two weekends ago I took a trip with two of my quilting friends to Grand Rapids to see the AQS Quilt Show. Of course we did some shopping. I was able to purchase a new bunch of Valdani size 8 threads in beautiful light variegated combinations. 
I also made a purchase of a new tool called Appliquick. It is two metal rods with different ends on each. They have a special fusible and glue stick and after watching a demonstration I am sold on the fact that this is going to really help my appliqué technique. Check it out. Appliquick! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rm7NhQEdl5s


That's it for now. I need to start dinner with a bunch of tomatoes from our garden. We've waited all summer for them to be ready......and they are READY!!!! Delicious! So if you are enjoying your tomatoes too, take a few photos, you never know when they will come in handy for a new project you dreamt about !  
  Happy Sewing, 
Felice
  

                                                                                                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Love with Shibori

THE Quilt Show! Inspiration Overload!

The Value of a Stitch