Crisp Autumn Pears and Variegated threads, oh my!!!

     We are enjoying the peaches, plums and blueberries, however I love crisp Autumn Pears and that is why I decided to make them the focus of the Fall Quilt. I love the green color and thought others would relate to the pear being a part of the Fall images. 

      I had a lot of fun with the background fabric for the bowl of pears and the batik circles. I have recently found out about Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley and they are great to use. If you haven't tried them yet you should. 

    The pumpkins in the border have a vine that is made from a strip of the felted wool and couched down with a variegated thread. I used variegated threads around the small maple leaves and veining in the larger leaves too. Valdani threads offer a great assortment of variegated threads so I recommend those. 

    As I look at the finished piece I notice how much the Yellow apple appears larger than the Red apple. I know about colors receding based on the warmth of the color but this really puts that right out there for you to see. I used the same paper template for cutting both apples and they are exactly the same size. Perhaps it is the embroidery colors that plays a part in that taking place too. It will be interesting to see how others working on the pattern use color embroidery and if it changes how the size appears.

This quilt is 20"x22" and the pattern will be available soon at felicequiltdesigns.com

What images do you plan to work on for a Fall quilt? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Love with Shibori

THE Quilt Show! Inspiration Overload!

The Value of a Stitch